Due to the pandemic, we are utilizing pre-screening and enhanced electronic communication to minimize the time that you will be in the clinic. Here’s what to expect:
BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- We will ask you some questions over the phone as part of our COVID-19 screening and risk assessment.
- Once we have reserved your appointment time, you should receive an email that contains information relevant to your appointment. Such may include instructions specific to your procedure, or forms that we recommend completing beforehand.
- If you have new insurance, or if the insurance policy has changed, please inform us in advance (preferably a week prior to your appointment) so that we can confirm your coverage with the insurer.
- We have implemented an electronic reminder system for easy text confirmations. If you prefer traditional call reminders, please let us know
- Text or call us when you arrive, and kindly wait in your vehicle or outside the clinic until we notify you that we are ready.
- If you or someone you live with has COVID-19, COVID-19 symptoms or have been outside Canada in the past 14 days, please do not enter. Instead, call us to discuss rescheduling. COVID-19 symptoms are cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, sneezing, post-nasal drip, loss of smell or fever.
- Only patients with appointments are allowed in the office, unless prior arrangements were discussed. Any guests should wait in the reception area wearing the provided mask and gloves.
AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
- A touchless temperature reading will be taken at the door
- Use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering the clinic.
- Please maintain social distancing of 2 metres when possible.
- Once in the dental chair, we will perform a COVID-19 screening and ask you to rinse your mouth with 1% hydrogen peroxide.
- The dentists will be be limiting aerosol-generating procedures when possible
- Receipts and post-operative instructions will be emailed
- Please wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer provided prior to leaving the clinic.
BEHIND THE SCENES
- Daily staff screening for COVID symptoms on arrival.
- Cleaning of door handles, payment machine, acrylic shield and washroom before each patient.
- Scheduled gaps to avoid more than one patient being in the office at a time.
- Protective plexiglass barrier at the reception desk.
- Temporary removal of toys & books from waiting room.
- Temporary suspension of the coffee bar.
- Our team is wearing extra protective equipment, including gowns and face shields. Different look, same friendly dentists.