Due to the pandemic, we are utilizing pre-screening and enhanced electronic communication to minimize the time that you will be in the clinic. Here’s what to expect:
BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- We will ask you some questions over the phone as part of our COVID-19 screening and risk assessment.
- Once we have reserved your appointment time, you should receive an email that contains information relevant to your appointment. Such may include instructions specific to your procedure, or forms that we recommend completing beforehand.
- Please inform us in advance if you have new insurance, or if the insurance policy has changed so that we can confirm your coverage with the insurer.
- We have implemented an electronic reminder system for easy text confirmations. If you prefer traditional call reminders, please let us know
- Text or call us when you arrive, and kindly wait in your vehicle or outside the clinic until we notify you that we are ready.
- If you or someone you live with has COVID-19, COVID-19 symptoms or have been outside Canada in the past 14 days, please do not enter. Instead, call us to discuss rescheduling. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, sneezing, post-nasal drip, loss of smell or fever.
- Only patients with appointments are allowed in the office, unless prior arrangements were discussed. Any guests should wait in the reception area.
- Adhere to the provincial health authority’s order to wear a mask indoors. Those who cannot put on or remove a mask on their own are exempt.
AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
- A touchless temperature reading will be taken on arrival and we will ask you some COVID-19 screening questions.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering the clinic.
- Maintain social distancing of 2 metres when possible.
- Use the mouth rinse provided at the start of the procedure.
- The dentists will be be limiting aerosol-generating procedures when possible
- Wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer provided prior to leaving the clinic.
BEHIND THE SCENES
- Daily staff screening for COVID symptoms.
- Cleaning of door handles, payment machine, acrylic shield and washroom.
- Scheduled gaps to minimize more than one patient being in the office at a time.
- Protective plexiglass barrier at the reception desk.
- Temporary removal of toys & books from waiting room, as well as suspension of the coffee bar.
- Extra protective equipment for staff, including gowns and face shields. Different look, same friendly dentists.